Feel free to ask me about this. And no I will not do it for free, though I am open to discuss bartering options on this. I intend to add this to my service listings soon.
Friday, July 13, 2012
I did. Designed, built it and maintain it myself.
The blog parts I do make use of templates available through the blog host that I modify which is properly attributed at the bottom of each blog, and the header images are my own design. The portfolio gallery section is built via Deviant Art’s portfolio thingy.
My coding abilities are limited, but they are enough that I can play with various tools and do the occasional bit more than the average artist/writer/crafter.
I do not offer web design as a service and have no plans to do so, but somebody may be able to randomly talk me into helping out with their site (not something I’d do for free).
Maybe not. I have a few other service types in mind…
Biggest reason is I'm still semi pre-launch. So basically this site is still in early beta. I'm testing out what works for me what I have time for and like the spatial integrity of this site.
Shipping once a week simplifies the process, and saves time & money.
Additionally, I do not drive, so it is not as simple as jumping in a car and driving off to the post office. Sometimes special shipping supplies also must be obtained, doing this more than once a week simply is not feasible at this time.
Seems best to have this be a set day of the week, and Thursday is the best day in my schedule for it at present.
Since these items go out on Thursdays, order & pay by 5 pm (Arizona MTN time) on Wednesday to be sure your item makes that Thursday’s shipping.
Which items does this apply to?
Non-Digital Non-Custom items for Services or from my handmade venue shops only. So this does not apply to digital items, nor custom items (those non-digital custom items ship the Thursday after they are completed), and this does not apply to items ordered from my shops which are hosted on sites in which said site handles the shipping (those sites have their own policies and handle the manufacturing & shipping aspects of the items I make available there).
For more details go here, this outlines in detail my policies for my handmade items & shops and most of those policies also apply to my services.
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Below are the standard Policies for my Shops on Handmade venues. These Policies typically also apply to my services as well. My Zibbet Shop | My Etsy Shop |
Thanks for your interest in my work and in Bent Realm Studios.
♥ I absolutely love working on art (& writing). Creativity fuels me and keeps me sane. I hope you love your purchase as much as I loved making it.
Customer satisfaction means a great deal to me.
I will do my best to address any issues.
With custom orders & commissions - I do what I can to ensure that you are satisfied with your custom piece before I ship (or email, if digital).
If you have any issues or need assistance you may contact me on here.
Or check out my contact page for alternate contact methods: http://www.bentrealm.com/help/contact.html
International Shipping is gradually becoming available :)
SHIPPING INFORMATION- I package your items as carefully & safely as I can, handling all items with care.
- Some packaging may be re-used, when clean, for the sake of the environment.
- I ship to the address PayPal provides me. Please be sure your address is current & accurate. Digital items – delivered via email to the email address provided during checkout, be sure it’s accurate & valid.
- Items do not ship until payment is received in full, including the cost of any upgrade you have specially requested.
- Request any Shipping Upgrades before making payment. The upgrades have additional fees which the buyer is responsible for. Upgrade Examples- Priority Mail, Express Mail, confirmation, tracking, etc.
- In some instances, the shipping charge may also cover some basic insurance &/or confirmation.
================= DIGITAL ITEMS =================
• Delivered via email to the email address provided during checkout. Be sure it is current & valid.
• Non-Custom Digital– Typically emailed out in less than 48 hours of receiving payment. It’s best to order several days in advance of when you need it in case a re-send is needed.
• Custom Digital - Typically emailed out in less than 48 hours of completion. Work on custom items begins after payment is received. Please allow 3-10 weeks for most custom items.
• Digital items are available internationally, be sure the item complies with your local laws before ordering.
• Ensure your item goes to your inbox - add email@example.com to your contacts (whitelist it). Please check your spam box if you do not find it in your inbox, if it's not there either then contact me and I will be more than happy to re-send it.
=================== NON-DIGITAL ITEMS: ===================
• I ship USPS, usually First Class mail. See above about upgrades.
• Once an item leaves my hands, I hope the post office gets it to you quickly; since it's run by humans and machines delays can happen, so please be patient with the post office.
• I hope that the post office treats your item with the care that I would, but strange things do sometimes happen to packages in transit. If something does happen to your item while in the care of the postal service, please contact me as soon as possible.
• All non-digital art, hand-made items and custom orders available here are the originals, and therefore irreplaceable.
=================== INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING=================
-- As items become eligible for shipping internationally:
• Please note that international buyers (buyers outside the US) are responsible for any taxes, fees, tariffs, customs, duties or any other import charges that may apply.
• Please, be certain what you are trying to purchase complies with your country’s laws prior to purchase. If I discover that the item you have ordered is not eligible to be shipped to your country – then your order will be canceled and if you have paid, your money refunded (in the appropriate manner).
• Hopefully customs treats your package with the respect, care and quickness that I would. If customs does cause delays, I apologize; I have no control or say over what customs does with your items, or delays they may cause. Be sure to let me know if something is amiss, and I will see what can be done.
• Items purchased from me, or any other seller, absolutely are not eligible to be marked as a gift on customs forms.
================= SHIPPING DAY =================
• I ship on Thursdays currently. Though I will be adding more shipping days soon. Hopefully, someone will teach me how to drive at some point.
• Orders must be placed and paid for by Wednesday, 5pm US AZ MTN time, to ensure making this Thursday's shipping.
• Non-custom, non-digital items will be shipped the first Thursday after payment is received.
• If your non-digital non-custom item still has not arrived 14 days after the applicable shipping Thursday, please contact me and let me know.
=============== CUSTOM ITEMS: ================
• Custom Items ship on the 1st Thursday after it’s completed.
• Depending on the complexity of the item, and a few other variables, some custom items are completed much quicker than others.
• Please allow 3 - 10 weeks for completion and delivery of most custom items.
• If you need a custom item by a specific date let me know so that I can be aware of that. If that date is less than 5 weeks away, you should check with me before purchase so I can be sure my schedule will allow for that.
REFUNDS, RETURNS AND EXCHANGESPlease contact me right away if there is an issue & I will see what CAN be done.
I am not able to take Returns, Exchanges nor give Refunds from this shop, in general.
• All sales are final.
• Due to the nature of what is sold in this shop (digital items, custom items, irreplaceable originals and one of a kind items, etc.).
• I do my best to ensure all orders, including custom orders, are properly done/handled prior to shipping.
- POSTAL INSURANCE REFUNDS: Any item I am able to obtain Insurance for, may be eligible to receive a partial or full (minus the shipping costs) refund through the post office for items damaged or lost during shipping, contact me for additional details if you need to do that. You will need to follow up on that right away. The postal insurance may or may not cover other incidents.
-INELIGIBLE TO SHIP TO YOUR COUNTRY: Please, be certain what you are trying to purchase complies with your country’s laws prior to purchase. If I discover that the item you have ordered is not eligible to be shipped to your country – then your order will be canceled and if you have paid, your money refunded (in the appropriate manner).
- OVERCHARGED SHIPPING: Please note that the total shipping cost does generally include the cost of the packaging and shipping materials in part or in whole, so the amount of postage stamped on the package is not the total spent in shipping it. If I feel I have over-charged for the total shipping cost by more than $1, I will refund the difference shortly after shipping the item. If upon receipt of the item, you feel I have somehow excessively over charged for the total shipping costs, by all means contact me about it, I will look further into the matter and see what can be done.
-OTHER: Again, even though all sales are final, please contact me right away if there is an issue & I will see what CAN be done.
EXTRA INFORMATIONMy official Website www.bentrealm.com
* For more information and additional Help http://www.bentrealm.com/help.html
* To Contact me through my website - http://www.bentrealm.com/help/contact.html
* Check out my other Shops http://www.bentrealm.com/shop/shop0.html
• COPYRIGHT: All art sold in this shop is under my Copyright. When you purchase something from this shop, you are only purchasing the original piece or a digital copy or a piece of custom artwork - NOT the rights to it. The copyright remains mine, all rights reserved. Some limited licenses for use are available for certain items (usually digital), they will be basically outlined in the item listing, and may include a read me file with purchase as appropriate.
• FRAMES: are NOT included with artwork purchase unless otherwise noted in the item listing.
• My home (where I make everything) is a Smoke-Free, Pet-Free environment.
• Please be aware that all work is currently done by only one caring human of limited resources.
• Policies are subject to change.
• I reserve the right to make exceptions to my Policies as I see fit. This will only be done for a customer under special circumstances.
• At present, TAXES are the responsibility of the buyer. I will have taxes supported for Arizona at my earliest opportunity.
--- I make available Prints and other Merchandise Featuring my Art at http://www.zazzle.com/bentrealm?rf=238115539284778213
Last Updated- Tue April 17, 2012 3:12 PM Arizona time (MTN)
Check out some Bent Realm Studios merchandise
View more personalized gifts from Zazzle.